Hand Embroidered Thank Ewe Sow Much Card and Envelope

Hand Embroidered Thank Ewe Sow Much Card and Envelope

I’m so pleased to show you my newest pattern, Thank Ewe Sow Much Card and Envelope!

ThankEweSowMuchCard

Β Isn’t it just the cutest?? Both the card and envelope are handmade with lots of love and attention to detail. This card takes me about 3.5 hours to make with most of the time being spent on the embroidery. If you’re a quick embroiderer or don’t do the zillion little french knots, you can probably do it in 3 hours or less.

If you’re an advanced embroiderer or card maker, everything you need to make this card is right here in this post. If you’d rather have the exact measurements for the card, step by step instructions for cutting, and a printable envelope template considering buying the detailed version for just two bucks in my Craftsy pattern store!

I made two cards and sent them to two of my favorite people! I used different threads and stitches for each of the cards and I love how they have their own personality. Check them out!

EmbroiderySize5Perle

EmbroideryThankYou

To make their cards, I used scrapbook paper. I selected scrapbook paper because it is big enough and I love the choices. It is a nice heavy weight, usually has interesting textures and with the right coupons is cheap too! This pattern is based on the standard 5 Baronial envelope. If you’re the advanced type and are going to give a whirl you can use this great designers tool box site for envelope sizes and layouts to create your own!Β  Here’s an excerpt from the pattern with the embroidery line art sized to fit the 5 Baronial: Thank Ewe Sow Much Line Art

If you’re not so adventurous or just don’t feel like dealing with all the math and layouts, I’ve done it for you in the full Craftsy pattern. It is a steal right?

Look how cute it is folded up inside its envelope almost ready to head out to the lucky recipient.

ThankEweSowMuchSent

Here’s the insides too!

ThankEweSowMuchCardWritten

I had so much fun making these and even more fun sending them. I just couldn’t wait for them to make it to their recipients!

Linking in with these parties!
Freemotion by the River
Sew Fresh Quilts
Link a Finish Friday
TGIFF
Crazy Mom Quilts

1. Oh man, is there anything you CAN’T do?!?!?! Those are adorable. I think the kids these days say, “totes adorbs” or something like that… Whatever it is, it’s applicable here.

• Yes, I can’t cook or grow plants. Really, if it requires more attention that turning on the crock pot and walking away or is green, I’m out! Which means, when the apocalypse comes, I’m in trouble since I have no practical skills. hahahaha!

Thank ewe for being so kind! πŸ™‚

2. Goodness, those are cute! What terrific thank-yous those are.

• Thank ewe! I thought they were cute too and really loved how they came out. πŸ™‚

3. So very very cute, Susan!! You did all those French Knots?!! The card looks amazing! The receivers are so lucky πŸ™‚

• I did do all of those knots! One at a time. What’s the phrase? Slowly I turn, knot by knot? hahahah!

4. Very cute cards. I have so much respect for people like you who have the patience for this embroidery thing. πŸ™‚

• I usually only do handwork when I’m traveling around. It does pick up and go really easily though. Good excuse to keep my hands busy.

• heh, they really aren’t too bad to do at all. Once I got into the groove, it just all came together. Thanks for coming by!

5. Susan…so cute!! And clever!!! Would just love to receive something so sweet in the mail! Sure to make someone smile!

• I’m so glad you like them! I know one recipient seemed to really enjoy it. I sure hope the other did too!

6. Your imagination and playful nature continues to surprise me. Absolutely darling!

• Thanks Becca! That’s a most excellent compliment!

7. They are so cute, they have such sweet faces!! You sew such perfect stitches!!

• Perfect is a big word! Lots to live up to. πŸ™‚ I don’t stress over things being a little off or an accidental knot in the back. I do love to look at and drool over pieces that are actually perfect.

• Thank you Vicki! I’m so glad you like them. πŸ™‚

8. Those are super sweet, Susan. A lot of work. Especially all those knots! But sow worth it. Beautiful!

• Thanks Lorna! They really don’t take long to do at all. In the grand scheme of things, they are very small and just come together, knots and all. πŸ™‚

9. Just adorable but then I love piggies !!

• Yay! The pig is my favorite too! πŸ™‚

10. Love these!! That sheep is just too cute, great idea!

• Thank you ma’am! I’ve seen french knot sheep before and couldn’t wait to figure out how I would make one of my own! πŸ™‚

• Thank Lisa!

This pattern took FOREVER, no really, way longer to write/layout/edit than to make the cards themselves. I figured I would try out a craftsy shop and see how it goes. πŸ™‚

11. Those are beautiful! Very creative and thoughtful!

• Thanks Renee! I had lots of fun with this one. For some reason since I mastered the French Knots (just in the last few years, ha!), I’ve wanted to put them in EVERYTHING. Sheep are perfect for that right? πŸ™‚