Nevermore Film Festival Recap: Day 3

Nevermore Film Festival Recap: Day 3

Take a look at what is hanging at the Carolina Theater in Durham this weekend:

SuedreNevermoreHow cool is that?? I dropped it by early this week to see if they were interested in it and boy were they! I can’t tell you how honored I am to see it up there all weekend. This wall hanging was truly a labor of love from a passion for the festival. To have it become part of the festival – amazing. I’m picking up this week to take it on a little tour and will then donate it to the Carolina Theater, forevermore.

Here’s a little perspective shot:

WP_20140222_006Double win! You can see the back from the top of the stairs.

Here’s the Day 3 Recap!

Here’s the films we saw today and including our viewer’s choice ratings!

FourHeadless Four Headless Horsemen, Viewer’s choice: Miskatonic University
This was a hard choice! I really liked all four of the long shorts presented. At the end of the day, Miskatonic University kept my attention the best. I’m a fair weathered Lovecraft fan so I can’t say how authentic it feels. I think it helps that the film maker was in attendance. Something about hearing their passion always adds points.
 TheShower The Shower, Score:9
This is a fun zombie movie! It has some genuine laugh out loud moments and I liked the idea of zombies that still talk and think a bit. Clever!
 AcrosstheStyx Across the Styx, Viewer’s Choice: AM/FM
Another hard choice! The long form shorts were awesome this year! I settled on AM/FM because I loved the simplicity of it. It tells a complete and interesting story without a ton of pomp and circumstance. I absolutely loved the 1950’s style alien cut aways. Brilliant!
 LastDaysOnMars The Last Days on Mars, Score: 9
If you’re looking for a good mutant space zombie film, this is it! There’s nothing groundbreaking about this space survival. I’ve seen it before in other films. That doesnt mean that sometimes I don’t want to see something that fits in a box. It’s well made with fun action and an interesting premise.

What a great year and a great festival! Thank you Nevermore Film Fest committee, the film makers, and everyone at The Carolina Theater that make it happen. You all are superstars! Can’t wait to see you next year.

Day1 Recap     Day 2 Recap

• Thanks Amanda! It really was fun to make and helped bump my FMQ confidence. It is almost comical to look back at my first try. 🙂 Maybe I’ll remake that one day and see how it goes.

1. I can’t believe I didn’t see this until today! This fabulous quilt has found a very deserving home. Very, very cool! Congratulations, Susan!!

• Thanks Soma! I was so very excited to see it there. You’re right, it does feel like home for it. 🙂

2. Thanks so much for checking out The Shower! We really appreciate it! Nevermore is such great festival and the audiences were wonderful. Can’t wait to come back to Durham and the Carolina Theater!

• I hope you will! Nevermore really is my favorite weekend of the year (well, maybe a close second to Dragon*Con). We try to catch as many films as we can and love to hear from the film makers. I’m always impressed and surprised at how much you all are able to accomplish without the big corporate machines, huge budgets, green screens, cgi, etc! Love what you do!

Keep on keeping on and thanks for stopping by – totally cool for you to be so connected. 🙂

3. That is exciting to c your work ! I’m so happy for u Susan!

4. I think it would be a blast to go to those film testable !!!! 🙂

• It is! Absolutely my favorite weekend of the year!

5. That’s very cool and an awesome quilt, I can see why they liked it so much, very cool.

• Thanks Mara! I really enjoyed making this one. Black, white, graphic, a little bit subversive = my wheelhouse. 🙂

6. Super cool!!!! It looks amazing hanging there 😀

• I thought so too! It helps a lot that the logo itself is so bold with striking shapes. But I’ll take all the credit. ahahahahah!

7. How fantastic! They are sooo lucky to get that wall hanging and it’s brilliant that it has become part of the festival 😀

• aww! Thanks Janine! I think they actually dig it which makes it easier to give it to them. 🙂

8. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Looks wonderful hanging! You must be so proud! Hope it has been a wonderful weekend? Seeing your quilt on display must make it even more so!

• Yes! We had a ball! Watching all those films all at once is a crazy thing to do, but so worth it!
      Yeah, I loved the quilt hanging up there. I kept sneaking little peeks at it when we would walk by it. 🙂

9. How wonderful and a bit surreal it must be to see your work hanging there. I think it’s so amazing of you to donate it to the festival. You deserve a lifetime gold pass.

• It was both! The festival is where it belongs right? I could hang it in my office, but that isn’t nearly as cool. 🙂

10. Yay, hooray! Nevermore looks fantabulous hanging there! You must be soooooo proud. I am proud of and for you!

You go, girl! 😎

• aw! Thanks Linda! That’s awesome! You made my day!

11. Your wall hanging deserves this place of honour, Susan! Hope you are having a grand time!

• Thanks Lorna! I did have a ball. Only one dud in the whole bunch and we had a ball re-writing it in conversations. 🙂

12. How cool is that !! woohooo !!! Hope you are having fun if you have gone into see some movies …

• That’s super cool! Congratulations!

• Thank you! I totally digged it too. 🙂

• Oh yeah! We had a ball! We saw so many great films. Love love love Nevermore weekend. 🙂