My very best friend in the world came to visit this weekend. She’s THE friend. You know the one right? You don’t clean your house before she comes because if you do, she’ll know you’re lying. Sometimes you sit and say nothing, sometimes you chatter into the wee hours of the morning – either is completely fine. You can say anything and change your mind at the drop of hat. Even if you don’t see her frequently, you know that if you needed her she would be there in an instant. It was wonderful to see her and we didn’t waste one minute! Here’s one of the projects we finished….
This quilt is a gift she is making for her niece. She came with the colorful blocks and a big pile of fabric. She did all the piecing (only her second quilt ever and she went for it with the flying geese!). I did the Minnie Mouse heads, the letters across the top and quilting. This was a good experience building quilt for both of us! It was my first time quilting a top I didn’t make and a ton of firsts for her. It’s the “handmade experience” quilt. On the backside we did complete improv with the pieces we had left.
I was so off the grid – my phone had an 80% charge at the end of the day, compared to the usual 10% – 15% remaining. That’s a good weekend! Thanks a million for coming Jess, I look forward to your next visit – we’ll get TWO quilts done.
This quilt ticks another items off my list!
<div align="center"><a href="http://rainbowharequilts.blogspot.com/2013/10/making-christmas-2013-week-1.html" title="MAKING CHRISTMAS 2013" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/rainbowhare/MakingChristmaslabel150.jpg" alt="MAKING CHRISTMAS 2013" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- My daughter’s Halloween costume DONE!
- All the accessories for her Halloween costumeDONE!
- Creative Paperclay® tip & project (2): First Project Complete!
- Thread painting samples/tutorial
- Christmas themed lap quilt (maybe 2) sneak peek (New finish for week 7)
Small post card sized fiber pieces for gifts (4)
- Attend Craft Show as guest Dec 4th
- Be successful with cat pattern
- Quilting Bee Snowman Block
- Friend’s Minnie Mouse Blocks (New finish for week 7)
Prepare and print art wall hanging
- Get started on my next TWO major bed size art quilts (some progress made)
Linking in with Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts